Tuesday 1 May 2012

I have developed a mild obsession over post-rock music in just a day after chancing upon Mogwai's Take Me Somewhere Nice on the sidebar while listening to Sóley's Pretty Face on YouTube. That was when I remembered that I used to listen to post-rock when I was way younger; the days of raping the repeat button to Mono's songs.

What I like about post-rock is that most of its music is more than four minutes long which saves me from the trouble of finding the next song to play on YouTube. But that's besides the point. The main point is that post-rock has this unique sound to each and every of its song which fits my taste perfectly well. There's also some other genre which I can't put a finger to it. Hee.

Here's what I've been listening to over the past few hours.

Low
Hungry Ghosts
The Polar Dream
Hammock
The Best Pessimist
Kattoo
Explosions in the Sky
Mogwai
Euphoria (Japanese)
Mono (Japanese)
We All Inherit the Moon
The Evpatoria Report







I even made a playlist on YouTube for these bands with a total of 80 videos that span over 09:56:49 hours just so that I can let my ears have the time of their life.

Check the playlist out at... 


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment